QUICK AND EASY BIRDHOUSE
1 plastic milk jug
30 inches of thick string or very thin rope.
- Reattach cap.
- Cut a 2-inch hole in the side of the jug about 2 inches from the bottom.
- Make a small hole (slightly bigger than the diameter of your string) on each side of the top of the jug.
- Thread one end of the string through one of the small holes, then thread the other end of the string through the opposite small hole.
- Bring both ends of the string through the 2-inch hole and tie in a knot.
- Pull the string back through the small holes until tight.
- Decorate your milk jug as you wish. You can use dried or silk leaves, flowers, moss, fabric, paint or stickers.
Do this project with your small grandchildren and have a fun time. Let them use their imagination.
Hang outside from a tree branch or a shepherd’s crook.
The birdhouse craft is adapted from www.intelligentdomestications.com