Makes 48 Beth’s original recipe
1 crust pie dough (can use homemade, a pie crust mix or premade pie crust)
1 onion, chopped
½ lb breakfast sausage
1 green pepper, chopped
½ cup to 1 cup milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ tsp garlic salt
2 cups finely shredded cheese of choice
Broccoli florets, finely chopped
- Grease each cup of a mini muffin pan with shortening or spray with non-stick spray.
- Blanch broccoli for 1 minute in boiling water. Immediately drain. Cover with cold water. Drain again when cool.
- Sauté sausage, onion and green pepper until sausage is browned.
- Mix together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and garlic salt in a large measuring cup
- Put a dime-size ball of pie dough in each cup of a mini muffin pan. Flatten each ball of dough in the bottom and up the sides of the cup.
- Place 1 or 2 tiny florets of broccoli, then ½ to 1 tsp. of sausage mix in the pie crust. Pour egg mixture from a large measuring cup into each cup. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes – until the egg is set and cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Makes 48 mini bite-sized quiche.