Better Homes and Gardens May 2021
4 cups boiling water
4 bags black tea (such as Lipton)
1/8 tsp baking soda
¾ cup sugar
2 cups ice water Lemon wedges and mint springs for serving
Bourbon (optional—if you are watching the Kentucky Derby)
- Pour the boiling water into a large glass heatproof pitcher. Add the tea bags and baking soda; gently stir to combine.
- Let the tea steep, uncovered, 15 minutes. Remove tea bags and discard.
- Stir in sugar until dissolved. Pour in ice water and stir to combine.
- Chill tea in the frig at least 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish each glass with a lemon wedge and a mint sprig.
- If desired, add a shot of bourbon.
Serves 4 to 6.