2C unbleached flour
1TBS baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼C plus 2 TBS sugar, divided
½C chocolate chips (optional)
1 ¼C to 1 1/3C whipping cream (sometimes needs nearly 2 cups)
2 to 3 TBS unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and ¼C sugar in bowl. Add chocolate chips. Stir in the cream with a fork until the dough holds together in a sticky mass. (Add extra cream a tablespoon at a time till dough holds together)
- Turn onto a lightly floured board. Knead several times but do not overwork. Pat dough into a circle about ¾” thick and cut into triangles. (Can also cut with round cookie cutter)
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apoart, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Leftovers can be frozen and reheated (unthawed) about 15-20 minutes in a 350-degree oven.