Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This thick, cheesy broccoli cheddar soup is proof that soup doesn’t need to be made in big batches to be good.
¼ cup chopped onion
¼ cup butter, cubed
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 ½ cups milk
¾ cup chicken broth
1 cup cooked, chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, sauté onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk and chicken broth.
- Bring to boil; cook and stir until thickened, about two minutes.
- Add broccoli.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Add some bacon bits for even more flavor.
Makes 2 servings.